myLittleTools Community Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Error Creating New Table Options · View
jardinec
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:52:33 PM
Groups: Member

I am currently getting this error message when trying to create a new table using myLittleAdmin. It is only happening with one of the databases. The rest are working fine. I have looked for triggers, etc. in the db and cannot find anything leading me to a resolution.

Offending URL: http://10.4.15.130/mlatest/obj/newtable.aspx?d=22

Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider

Stack trace: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillSchemaInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, SchemaType schemaType, IDbCommand command, String srcTable, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillSchema(DataSet dataSet, SchemaType schemaType, IDbCommand command, String srcTable, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillSchema(DataSet dataSet, SchemaType schemaType)
at MyLittleAdmin.Connection.FillDataSet(String pSqlQuery, Int32 p1stRow, Int32 pRowCount, String pDataSetName, String pTableName)
at MyLittleAdmin.Connection.FillDataSet(String pSqlQuery, Int32 p1stRow, Int32 pRowCount)
at MyLittleAdmin.MlaDatabase.GetFileGroupList()
at mla_gui.NewTable.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Target site: Void OnError(System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, Boolean

Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I am using v3.5.

Thanks!
elian
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:49:42 AM

Groups: Administration

Weird... Just checked again and I had no prob to create a table with a column named "name".

Could you please give us more info? maybe we can try to have a live chat session...
elian
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:58:46 AM

MyLittleAdmin.MlaDatabase.GetFileGroupList()

Could you please tell us how many filegroups your db is using? what are the filegroups name?
jardinec
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:10:09 PM
Groups: Member

This particular db has 1 filegroup named 'Primary'. It has 2 files:
e:\SQLData\woodson_Data.mdf and f:\SQLLogs\woodson_Log.ldf.

There are at least 10 other databases on this server that have no problems. The way to duplicate the problem on this server is to go to the tables page and click on the 'New Table' button. Right away you get the page that I copied in the initial post. The funny part is that they have 2 other tables with fields named 'name'. The other funny thing is that I was able to go into SQL Server Management Studio (which we do not allow customers to use) and create the tables he needed without any problems.

I realize that the problem is probably something in this particular DB, but I need to be able to fix it without having to recreate the DB.

Thanks.
elian
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:25:29 PM

Would it be possible to send us a backup of this db so that we can test it there?
(support [at] mylittletools.net)

Thanks in advance
elian
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2010 7:00:49 PM

Fixed. A patch will be released early next week.
Thanks.