myLittleTools Community Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Problems Navigating DB Options · View
Mark W
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:40:57 PM
Groups: Member

I have just installed the lite edition and can connect ok.

However, when I click on the 'Tables' link in the navigation panel I get the following error:

"The data area passed to a system call is too small."

When I click the expand '+' next to the 'Tables' link I get a popup error:

"URL that was requested does not exist."

I get this with all the links that should allow me to browse the objects on the database (not just the tables).

Does anyone have any ideas why this is so? I have tried a re-install with no success.
elian
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:47:02 AM

Groups: Administration

Could you please post the complete "The data area passed to a system call is too small." error message so that we can investigate.

Thanks in advance.
Mark W
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:13:45 AM

The error just shows as this in the content frame:

<html><head><title>Error</title></head><body>The data area passed to a system call is too small.
</body></html>

However, I managed to extract this from the URL of the frame:

http://mylittleadmin.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/obj/errors.aspx?t=<strong>Offending URL:</strong> http://mylittleadmin.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/obj/objlist.aspx?t=u&d=6<br /><br /><strong>Source:</strong> .Net SqlClient Data Provider<br /><br /><strong>Message:</strong> The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'schemas', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'.<br /><br /><strong>Stack trace:</strong> at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillSchemaInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, SchemaType schemaType, IDbCommand command, String srcTable, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillSchema(DataSet dataSet, SchemaType schemaType, IDbCommand command, String srcTable, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillSchema(DataSet dataSet, SchemaType schemaType)
at MyLittleAdmin.Connection.FillDataSet(String pSqlQuery, Int32 p1stRow, Int32 pRowCount, String pDataSetName, String pTableName)
at MyLittleAdmin.Connection.GetObjectList(String pDatabase, ArrayList pObjType, Int32 pParentObjectId)
at MyLittleAdmin.MlaDatabase.GetTableList()
at mla_gui.ObjList.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)<br /><br /><strong>Target site:</strong> Void OnError(System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, Boolean)
Mark W
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 10:05:06 AM

I found the problem. My dbadmin had accidentally added my user to db_denydatareader and db_denydatawriter. embarrassment

Everything works fine now...